Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The last three days.

So I am back home in San Francisco. I returned last Friday evening and have experienced a wide range of emotions since. I am glad to be home... I guess. And I am trying hard not to forget anything at all. But it fades so fast. It's hard to remember the feeling of dirt in my eyes while riding on the back of a moto through Cap-Haitien. It's difficult to remember the children's facial expressions as they painted and planted. It seems unreasonable-now, that simple things are not easy to acquire.

I want to write a lengthy piece about my first trip to Haiti. I am still working through my feelings about it, my politics about it, my love and my anger about it.

Sorry to not have written for long and to beg off again.

But I am thinking, working, feeling... and I am home safe and sound.

More to come... much more.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Corinne for writing so eloquently about your time in Haiti. How you found time to do any of it while there, given the impediments and all that was going on, was amazing.

    ReplyDelete